John Wooden, legendary former UCLA basketball coach, did a TEDtalk before he passed away about how to find success. Here is a summary of what he said:
- Forget what everyone thinks and wants for you.One of the greatest freedoms is simply not caring what everyone else thinks of you.
- Sometimes you need to step outside, get some air, and remind yourself of who you are and what you want to be.
- The best thing you can do is follow your heart. That does not mean blindly follow anything your heart desires.
- Too many people chase one dream after another and quit before that dream materializes.
- Do not just accept the safe and easy choices because you’re afraid of what others will think, or afraid of what might happen. If you do, nothing will ever happen.
- Do not let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big.
They are not.
Watch the great coach say it himself here: http://bit.ly/1PK6TyJ
Comments from Facebook