Hey Mom! The hard part of losing weight: habits. To lose weight and maintain that weight loss, there are certain habits you want to look in to forming. The National Weight Control Registry (NWCR) tracks successful weight losers--individuals who have lost at least 30 pounds and kept it off for more than 1 year. Common habits that these individuals share include:
- monitoring weight and food intake
- maintaining a low-calorie and low-fat diet
- eating breakfast every day
- engaging in 1 hour of physical activity daily
- limiting television viewing to 10 hours or less per week.
So there it is. Forget dieting and focus on your daily habits. Which one of these habits can you work on this week?