James Leath, UTA FOunder
James founded UTA in 2017 when an unexpected family emergency took him away from his post at IMG Academy as the Head of Leadership Development and landed him in Dallas, TX. Since then, James has continued to worked with teams throughout the nation on character development through leadership and mental conditioning curriculum.
Leadership lessons consist of communication skills, personal and group leadership, developing identity, and building team culture.
James attended Fresno State University where he received his B.A. in Communication. During college, when he wasn't playing football, he was best known for being the beloved mascot of Fresno State, Time Out. After graduation, James went on to play quarterback for a semi-pro team in Fresno, CA. With over 15 years of coaching experience and a M.A. in Performance Psychology, James is passionate about teaching athletes the tools they need in order to be successful in life and in sport.
- B.A. in Communication - Fresno State
- M.A. in Performance Psychology - National
- NCSA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Applied Association of Sport Psychology Member
- USA Football: Coach and Coordinator Podcast
- Sports Mastery w/ DeShawn Fontleroy
- High Performance Mindset Podcast w/ Dr. Cindra Kamphoff
- Wrestling with Success